This is my first interview, in which I had the special pleasure to address Dr. Terry ”Doc“ Dockery a number of questions referring to his activity as a blogger.
Dr. Dockery is a Business Psychologist & Performance Coach, speaker, and writer who is Founder and President of The Business Psychology Company (USA). He has helped leaders in 100 companies become happier and more successful. If you want to find out more about his activity, I invite you to have a look at his Website: http://www.businesspsychology.com/blog/.
- Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blogging style?
I’m an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist who specializes in Business Transformation; i.e., creating and/or managing rapid growth in businesses while still enjoying life. I intend for my blogging style to be interesting, useful, conversational, and sometimes even entertaining.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
I started my blog/newsletter for soft marketing purposes and thought leadership in my profession; also to be helpful to people.
- How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I enjoy making people happier and a positive difference in the world.
- Tell me about your proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement is my happy family life.
- Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
It’s one of my professional activities.
- What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
I regularly receive feedback from people that they enjoy my blogs and find them useful in having more fun, making more money, and doing more good. Also it is a way to stay in touch with clients and potential future clients.
- Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I’d like to reach a larger audience and am taking steps to make this occur this year.