The number one communication channel used so far in business was the old class email. It has also been used to create long-lasting business relationships or customer communication could be easily handled through the regularly sent newsletters.
But why can we declare the “classical” email is dead?
- The email is lacking instant communication possibility
- There are specific communication apps and systems with specific purposes
- The majority of communication has moved to social media channels
- Almost half of the messages (45%) received in the email inbox are spammy messages
- Messages in your inbox are in most cases automated and preschedule instead of personalized written
- In the mass of messages, you easily lose your orientation when you are searching for a particular information
- Businesses will target in future members of Generation Z and they do not favor email
- Emails are time-costly similar with a certain type of writing – either for writing, checking or answering; time we want to spend more intelligently
- Emails disturb our workflow and thus our productivity
What do you think about the future of email in business communication?
Interested in other useful articles I post regularly on Social Media? Then follow me there:
On Twitter: @AndraBotean
On Facebook: @andra.botean.page
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andra-botean-b06428b9/
On Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/boteana