It is difficult to write when you have no clue what you want to write about. So you need a list with sources for your inspiration to help you out when you are motivated to write a new post for your blog.
- Take a piece of paper and start to write down everything that comes into your mind at that moment. Switch some ambient music on and let your mind wander. You will be surprised how many creative ideas you will come up with, by just brainstorming for half an hour. After this step, you can also structure your ideas into broader categories to help you when writing for your blog.
- Check out Google Analytics for your best read articles. See also under the “acquisition tab”, which organic keywords people have been searching for to reach your content. Make a list with the most accessed keywords and build article ideas around them. Another idea is to take an old post, add some supplementary ideas to it, update its publication date and there you have your new post.
- Have a look at your comment section and see what your readers are searching for. Write content on those topics.
- Play around with the google search tab and see which suggestions google offers you similar to what you are searching for. Those suggestions are based also on other people’s searches.
- Consult a Keyword Search Engine to find other popular content like Google Keyword Planner or Answer the Public.
- Ask your audience what they want to read about. You can use a free form tool like Google Forms and SurveyMonkey to put up a questionnaire and then you can send it right away to your email list, social media friends and fans or clients.
- Search in forums and social media groups for discussions and try to reply to the issues via a blog post. If this is useful it is also likely to be shared and read by other interested people.
- Use niche magazines or books to find your inspiration. Take interesting points from there and put them under your own focus.
- Look what other sites are writing about and reply to those posts by writing your own. Or simply add some more value to the existing posts and make them more interesting.
Interested in other useful articles I post regularly on Social Media? Then follow me there:
On Twitter: @AndraBotean
On Facebook: @andra.botean.page
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andra-botean-b06428b9/
On Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/boteana