Listening to music is one of the most effective tools to change your current mood. Therefore it is important to know which type of music to listen to in order to influence your mood as you want.
This was actually also the curiosity of a group of British Scientists. They let the participants of their study listen to a couple of sounds and found out, which ones really made them relax. Consequently, they declared the following sound types as relaxing:
- Chirping Birds
- Wave Breaking
- Rushing Wind
- Rippling Brook
I also tried this experiment to see, if it works also in my case. I searched on youtube and listened to different types of sound while relaxing. For this reason, I made a Top 10 of relaxing sounds, which I want to share them with you in this post.
- Relaxing Piano Music: Sleep Music, Water Sounds, Relaxing Music, Meditation Music
2. Relaxing Beautiful Romantic Music: Piano Music, Violin Music, Cello Music, Guitar Music
3. Relaxing Harp Music: Sleep Music, Stress Relief, Meditation Music, Spa Music, Background Music
4. Calming Music: Nature Sounds, Zen Music
5. Rain: Gentle Rain Sound – HD Sleep Sounds
6. Thunderstorm and Rain Sounds – Heavy Thunder & Lightning Strike Ambience for Relaxation
7. Crackling Fireplace with Thunder, Rain and Howling Wind Sounds (HD)
8. Blizzard Storm Sounds – Relaxing Winter Background Sounds – Heavy Wind & Snow
9. Nature Sound Relaxation – Soothing Forrest Birds Singing – Relaxing Sleep Sounds
10. Breaking Waves – Beautiful Pacific Ocean Waves in HD
Have a look at them when you like to have a moment of rest and figure out which ones help you the best to relax. Maybe you can also leave a comment below and share with me your experience, or you can also give other ideas on how to relax. I wait for your feedback!