How to stop losing time
Lost time is never found again.– Benjamin Franklin
Time is our most valuable resource, but only a few of us know how to make use of the 24 hours of the day. This makes finally the difference – to know how to make use of your time most efficiently and to stop losing your most precious resource. For this post, I selected a couple of time-management strategies in order to organize yourself better.
- Avoid Procrastination, because you will have to handle a bigger amount of work if you postpone it all the time.
- Analyze how you manage your time right now and see what you can improve.
- Prioritize your work according to the goals you want to achieve.
- Say “no” to all things that are not essential to you and your work.
- Listen to your body and its signs. When you are too tired make a stop.
- Delegate everything that is not your core business.
- Establish a working routine and stick to it.
- Break larger projects into mini-projects and tasks. The smaller the better.
- Prepare your next working day, the day before – this makes the start easier.
- Good is enough. There is no place for perfectionism.
- Set yourself realistic and achievable goals and priorities in conformity with them.
- Set time limits for regular tasks.
- Combine breaks with recovery activities like leaving your desk, going out, having some fresh air, relaxation techniques, a small walk … you get the point.
- Avoid distractions, because they are the main factor in making your work unproductive. Make yourself space and room to work.
- Tidy up your working room to organize also your thoughts.
What are your favorite strategies to stop losing time?
Leave a comment below! I am looking forward to your response.